Once you have acne, there’s no going back. Although medical science has advanced a lot, there’s still no cure for acne. So when you are suffering from acne, you can expect it to emerge from time to time. From teenage years to menopausal age, acne never really leaves. But what could possibly be worse than acne? To me, it has always been those nasty scars left behind by this disgusting skin problem. It’s a painful remnant of the beautiful skin you previously had and a reminder of how it will be on your face for a really long time. You may use everything from skincare products to home remedies for acne scars, but their results won’t last long.
This sounds rather scary, isn’t it? Although acne scars can’t be permanently vanished, there are ways to reduce their visibility. Acne scars are found in all types of skin and they appear reddish. They can last for a few months or more, depending on the severity of the condition. Acne supplements may help reduce acne, but they’re not suitable for removing scars. Expensive facials and treatments might also not be useful, in which case it’s best to follow some home remedies for acne scars. These home remedies can help lessen your scars so quick that you’ll forget you were ever scarred! They will also help prevent new acne breakouts and reduce the existing ones. The best thing is that you have nothing to lose. Some of these methods are fully natural and won’t give you any side effects.
How to Remove Pimples Overnight?
Of course, you’ll want to get a quick and easy solution to not just removing new pimples, but also the scars left by old pimples. You absolutely don’t want to see ugly scars on your face the next morning. One of the best home remedies for acne scars overnight is using cucumber paste. Cut a cucumber into pieces and make a paste using your blender machine. Mix two tablespoons of cucumber paste and one teaspoon of lemon juice. Apply the face pack on your face and let it stay overnight. When you wake up, wash the face pack away using warm water. You’ll see a clearly visible reduction in blemishes and acne scars. For best results, use this face pack daily. You can also make a lot of cucumber paste and store it in your refrigerator for further use.
Simple Tricks to Remove Acne Scars
In addition to this daily face pack, you can try other methods of removing acne scars as well. The results won’t be so quick and so you have to be patient to enjoy wonderful results. In fact, with proper skin care and a balanced lifestyle, it’s possible to get rid of acne scars before you even know it.
- Skin creams: There are a number of creams that can be used to reduce inflammation, promote blemish-free skin and prevent further acne breakouts. They also help reduce acne scars. Try using cortisone creams because they are known to reduce inflammation, hence reducing acne breakouts. Some skin lightening creams are available over-the-counter. Ensure the cream you are using contains mulberry extracts, licorice, kojic acid, and vitamin C. These help in lightening skin from hyperpigmentation caused by acne scars. Avoid any product containing hydroquinone, it has been labeled as a carcinogen. Only pick face wash, scrubs and ointments that contain salicylic acid and glycolic acid. These also contribute to reducing acne scar hyperpigmentation.
- Retinoid products: Some products contain vitamin A derivatives called retinoids. Retinoids are known to increase collagen formation, making the skin appear tighter with fewer lines and scars. Usually, retinoid products work overnight since the ingredients are sensitive to sunlight.
- Lemon juice: When life gives you lemons, use them! Lemon juice is great for skin bleaching, which means it can effectively remove your acne scars. Take equal amount of lemon juice and water, and combine to form a mixture. Apply the mixture only to the scarred regions and leave for 15 minutes, then wash it off. You could also keep it overnight. After washing, apply moisturizer. Since lemon juice contains citric acid, don’t forget to wash it off before you head out into the sun. It could damage the skin. Wash the mask away, apply sunscreen and then head out.
- Aloe vera gel: Aloe vera gel can improve skin elasticity and help repair scarred tissue. If you have an aloe vera plant at home, it’s time to use it. Cut a leaf and extract the gel that comes out of it. Massage the gel on your face in repeated circular movements. Leave it on for half an hour, then wash it off. Try to do this at least twice a day. You can even add three drops of tea tree oil for better results. Keep in mind that sometimes aloe vera may not work much on older scars.
- Sandalwood powder: A great way of healing your skin is to mix few drops of milk or rosewater with one tablespoon of sandalwood powder and apply to the scarred areas. Leave the mixture on your face for around 30 minutes and then rinse well. You should do this daily to see the desired results. You can even add honey for extra benefits.
- Baking soda: You have to mix two teaspoons of water and one teaspoon of baking soda to form a paste that would act like an exfoliating scrub. Rub the paste over the affected regions for around two minutes and then rinse with warm water. Remember that baking soda is alkaline that can raise the pH level of your skin. So don’t go for this treatment if it’s not suiting you.
- Honey: One of the best antibacterial substances out there is honey. It helps reduce inflammation. Honey is also great for sensitive skin. Its properties help keep skin hydrated instead of drying out.
- Ice cube: Are you surprised to know that ice can actually help soothe skin? It helps reduce the redness of acne scars, so you don’t need to go for microdermabrasion. Wrap one ice cube with a cloth and hold it on top of your scarred facial range for maximum two minutes. You can even freeze green tea in ice trays and use it like this.
Home Remedies for Acne Scars: Keep These in Mind
Once you have acne and pimples on your face, you might feel the urge to pop them. Try to avoid this habit as it could aggravate further acne breakouts and make getting rid of acne scars more difficult. Infectious agents present in your hands can cause inflammation in your skin. Also, make sure that you drink plenty of water and have a balanced diet. Talk to a dermatologist regarding your acne issues and take their recommendations. This article is meant to give you safe methods that you can try at home to reduce acne scars, but you should still consult a skin expert.
You should also choose makeup according to your skin type. Know that not every product or every scar-reducing method will be suitable for you. When you head out into the sun, use non-comedogenic sunscreen on your face. If nothing else works, your dermatologist may recommend you to try microdermabrasion or chemical acid peels. These methods should only be used as the last options available.
Acne scars can’t be removed permanently, but with the help of appropriate remedies and gentle skin products, and staying away from foods that cause acne, the appearances of scars can be reduced. As a result, you won’t have to miss out on weddings, parties or become camera-shy.