Liver cleansing is so important because it is the second largest organ of the body that digests and metabolizes food items, and processes liquids that the body needs to ensure good health. When your liver does not function well, you have to go through numerous mental and physical issues.
You do many things to keep your liver healthy, including trying out the best supplements for liver health and eating foods that are good for the liver. But have you ever considered any liver cleanse recipe? We are here to help you with that! It is time detoxify and heal your liver naturally right at your home.
1. Cranberry Juice Blend:
- Cranberry juice – 1 liter
- Filtered water – 1 liter
- Nutmeg – 1/4 tsp
- Ginger – 1/4 tsp
- Cinnamon – 1/2 tsp
- Orange juice – 3
- Lemon juice – 3
- Natural sweeteners (optional)
- Add the cranberry juice and water in a 1:3 ratio for dilution
- Get your tea infuser and put the said amounts of ginger, nutmeg, and cinnamon
- Let it steep in simmering water for around 20 minutes
- Then let it cool and bring to room temperature
- Now add the lemon and orange juice and stir well
- You can add any natural sweetener if the mixture seems too tart to you
2. Lemon Ginger Liver Cleanse Drink
- Boiling water – 2 cups
- Organic lemon (sliced) – 1
- Fresh ginger (sliced) – 1 piece
- Ground turmeric – 1/8 tsp
- Honey – 2 tsp
- Bring water to a boil
- Add turmeric, ginger, and lemon after turning the heat off
- Let it steep for half an hour
- Allow it to come to room temperature and add honey before you drink for liver support and anti-inflammatory benefits
3. Dandelion Greens Liver Detox Smoothie
- Unflavored coconut water – 1 cup
- Chopped dandelion greens – 1/2 cup
- Banana slices – 1/2 cup
- Peeled and chunked cucumber – 1/2 cup
- Lemon juice – 1 tsp
- Ginger root – 1 tsp
- Ice – 1/2 cup
- Stevia – a few drops (optional)
- Add all of these ingredients to your blender and blend till smooth
- You can add more ice if necessary
- Pour the smoothie into a tall glass and enjoy to support the detox mechanisms in your liver. If you’re not a smoothie guy, you can go for various liver cleaning juice recipes.
4. Potassium Broth Liver Cleanse Recipe
- Skin of potatoes – 4
- Filtered water
- Carrots – 4
- Celery sticks – 2
- Sliced Beets with greens – 3
- Peeled and sliced onions – 2
- Garlic – 50 cloves
- Get a stock pot and add the potatoes skins, carrots, celery sticks, garlic cloves, onions, and beets along with their greens
- Now add enough amount of filtered water. It does not matter what the exact amount of water is as long as all of these ingredients are covered in water inside the pot
- Cover the pot and simmer on low heat for around one hour
- Now strain out the veggies and discard
- Let the broth cool and you can even refrigerate it for the purpose of liver healing. Also remember not to add any spices to keep its full potency intact
5. 10-Day Liver Cleanse Diet Plan
- 1-liter containers of apple juice – 6
- Colon hydrotherapies – 2
- Epsom salt – 1/4 cup
- Filtered water – 710 ml
- Olive oil – 1/2 cup
- Organic citrus juice – 12 tbsp
- Grapefruit – 1
- Lemons – 3
- Keep drinking the apple juice for the first six days and avoid high-fat, fried, and processed foods. If you know how to cleanse your liver, you surely know what is a good diet for the liver.
- From the sixth day, eat light and stop eating at all at 1.30 pm. Get one colon hydrotherapy on this particular day.
- When it’s 6 pm, mix Epsom salt with water and divide the mix into 4 glasses. Drink one glass now and you can add lemon juice if the taste seems bitter to you.
- After two hours when it’s 8 pm, have your 2nd serving of Epsom salt. You can expect a bowel movement around 1.30 hours later.
- At around 9.45 pm, prepare the juice and oil mixture. You can make juice of lemons and grapefruits by squeezing them. Now pour olive oil and the juice in a glass jar and shake well till the solution gets watery. Dink it at 10 pm and get to bed immediately, laying flat.
- On the 7th day, drink the 3rd glass of Epsom salt immediately after you wake up and 2 hours later, drink the last glass. You can also have some fruit or fresh juice at this point.
- Within 3 days, get a 2nd colon hydrotherapy. As you can see, the flush will take 7-10 days to complete and you can try this liver cleanse at home.
To sum it up, you need to detox your liver and gallbladder at least once a year if you are healthy or 2 to 3 times if you have any symptoms of liver disease. Try any liver cleanse recipe from this list because we believe this is the best way to cleanse your liver and to make sure your liver is in good shape without any toxins.